THE CONSEQUENCES OF SIN AND THE BLESSINGS OF REPENTANCE
TEXT: ROMANS 6:23
The Word of God is clear: Sin will always produce a price that we have to pay in our lives, and as the verse says we have read the consequence of sin It is death.
We have to understand that from the moment we receive Christ as our Lord and personal savior the eternal consequences of sin were completely eliminated from our lives (vs 23b / John 5:24)
But as long as we live in this world we will continue to suffer the temporal consequences of sin In our life.
We as Christians can sin, but confess our sins to the Lord and the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1: 9).
But the problem comes when we practice sin, that is, when we live in sin and do not have true repentance , the word of God declares that our sin and our unrepentant heart will bring harsh consequences to our life (2 Corinthians 12:21)
Let’s see in the Word of God what are some of the consequences of sin in our lives:
I) SIN BRING GUILT TO OUR LIFE (PSALM 51: 3)
- The feeling of guilt comes because we know that we are working against the word of God and against his will, and produces within us a continuous discomfort produced by the fear of discipline and the punishment, and the fear that our sin will come to light.
- That feeling of guilt makes us gradually move away from God, his church and our brothers in Christ (Proverbs 28: 1)
II) SIN CORRUPTS US AND LEADS TO SPIRITUAL AND MORAL DECLINE (ISAIAH 30: 1)
- When We live in sin, a spiritual decline begins in our lives, we become spiritually cold Christians (1 Thessalonians 5:19).
- This spiritual cooling becomes an open door for other sins in our lives that little by little corrupt us and lead us to a life worse than that of an unsaved (2 Peter 2: 20-22)
- The Christian who lives in sin is gradually sinking into a life of worldliness, carnality, vices, adultery and fornication, due to its cooling and its spiritual insensibility.
III) SIN BRINGS MUCH DAMAGE AND PAIN TO OUR LIFE (ISAIAH 1: 5-7)
- We have to realize all the damage that our sin is causing to our own life and surely also to our family.
- God is our heavenly father and his word tells us that he will discipline us and punish us for our sin (Hebrews 12: 5-8 / Revelation 3:19)
- Sin not only harms us spiritually but also physically (Psalm 38: 1-3) )
IV) OUR SIN ENTRIES THE HEART OF OUR GOD (EPHESIANS 4:30)
- That is what we think least when we are living entangled in it sin, we do not realize that we are saddening the heart of our God.
- When we recognize that our sin is grieving the Lord, this has to produce pain and sorrow within us, and that pain and sadness should lead us to true repentance (2 Corinthians 7:10)
WHAT ARE THE BLESSINGS OF REPENTANCE?
- Be accountable to God and free from guilt (Isaiah 1:18)
- Re-experiencing the true joy of our salvation by being at peace with our God (Isaiah 51:12)
- Our life is restored by the Lord (Acts 3:19) )
- Repentance brings the mercy and grace of God on our life (Jeremiah 31: 19-20)
DOWNLOAD IN PDF: THE CONSEQUENCES OF SIN AND THE BLESSINGS OF REPENTANCE
También puedes ver mas bosquejos en:http://www.centraldesermones.com/?s=oscar+flores
Para ofrendar en este ministerio puedes hacerlo por medio de paypal y para otros medios dale click al enlace: OFRENDAS EL BLOG DEL PASTOR OSCAR FLORES