DO NOT CONFUSE THE FAITH
TEXT: HEBREWS 11: 1
If the word of God gives us an exact definition of what faith is, it is because many people are really confused and have wrong ideas about faith.
It is very important to understand what faith truly is because the word of God tells us that without faith it is impossible to please God, therefore our faith must be true, without pretense.
That is why we are now going to reflect on those things with which many of us are confusing the faith.
I) DO NOT CONFUSE THE FAITH WITH THE FEELINGS (VS 1)
- Faith is not a feeling, it is not about feeling that we have faith, about feeling that we trust in God, because the feelings are changing and depend a lot on the circumstances we live.
- Faith is not about a feeling of positivism, a feeling that everything will turn out well, because often those feelings of positivism are based on illusory things.
- The word of God declares to us that faith is first and foremost a CERTAINTY (sure and clear knowledge that one has of something) that is to say that faith comes from knowing God and his word, from knowing his power and his promises.
- Also the word of God tells us that faith is a CONVICTION (it is the conviction that we have something) that is to say that faith comes when we are convinced that our God does not lie and that what he has promised will fulfill it.
II) DO NOT CONFUSE THE FAITH WITH A HIDDEN (EPHESIANS 6:16)
- Many Christians say they are praying and trusting but they do not want to face the problem, they do not want to take steps of faith, they do not want to enter the battle, they are Christians who bend their knees, they cry but they do not go to battle, they do not want to face situations face to face, they do not dare to stand up to their problem and face it.
- We have to know that the word of God tells us that faith is not a hiding place but a shield, a shield serves so that the soldiers who enter the battle can defend themselves against the attacks of the enemy.
- That means that if we have to bend our knees, that if we have to cry out, that if we have to fight the spiritual battle, but we also have to go and face the problems, we have to go and do what we have to do to ourselves, with the shield of faith ready to defend us from the darts of the evil one, those darts that can be: discouragement, criticism, threats, etc.
III) DO NOT CONFUSE FAITH WITH IMPRUDENCE (PROVERBS 22: 3)
- An imprudence is a thoughtless or clumsy act that involves a certain risk for the one who commits it or for others, also a reckless person is irresponsible, senseless, negligent or careless .
- God wants us children to be people of faith, but not reckless people, we do not think about the consequences of our actions, because many Christians say they will do something «By faith» but in reality many times that faith is imprudent.
- We can see Christians who take debts that are not within the will of God and that they do not have the capacity to pay but they excuse themselves saying that they will pay them «By faith»
- Others venture to an illegal migratory trip and say that they will arrive well » by faith «
- The word of God shows us that we must be wise and if we see evil we have to turn away, we do not have to test our God, just as our Lord Jesus Christ did (Matthew 4: 5-7)
- Faith it is not imprudent, the Christian of faith asks for the direction of the Holy Spirit, seeks to know the will of God and does it, does not make decisions taken and foolish under the excuse of doing it «by faith».
DOWNLOAD IN PDF: DO NOT CONFUSE THE FAITH